Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rosemary Almonds

Almonds are one of the healthiest of foods. But they are gross, unless smothered in butter and salt. So I make rosemary butter spicy almonds - which is a pretty common and easy thing to make because they taste so good. I guess the normalcy goes against the concept, but whateves, they are delicious.

I start with about 2 cups of raw almonds. Then I measure 2.5 teaspoons of rosemary. I used dry rosemary because when I buy fresh herbs they end up looking like the animals on the ASPCA commercials.


I crush the rosemary in my apothecaryetic pill crusher. I do this for a while. I guess I shouldn't call it a pill crusher because that sounds sketchy. So my apothecaryetic herb grinder? I add 1/4+ 1/16 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and grind that as well. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and do not grind because chunks of salt taste good.


Then melt 3 table spoons of butter in a pan, or pot. Stir in the seasoning. Stir in the almonds. Pour the almonds on a pan. Put in the oven at 350 degrees. I set my hot chip alarm to go off in twelve minutes but stirred once during the process. I ended the chefery with a step that my roommates keep hounding me about and turned off the oven.



Side note: Roommate's response: "gurl, them some salty nuts. some salty nuts honey. I can't wash my seaman hands in the sink but you can leave those around. them some salty nuts" leaves room. To Boyfriend "boy you gotta try those salty ass nuts. they are saaaalty". Boyfriend "those are some salty nuts".

Conclusion - I stick by my measurement, but you may want to use less salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment