Friday, January 29, 2010

Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs.

My boss who has been working with this program for seven years is leaving. I have decided to make her deviled eggs and cupcakes as a parting gift. This is because everyone likes deviled eggs and cupcakes.



Well Mizu Anat.

Eggs. I made 9 eggs because I had to use three for the shitty cupcakes. You boil the eggs for like fifteen minutes. I usually make one egg to test. If it's soft then you have a daddy egg and you know to cook the rest longer.* There seems to be a lot of information on how to boil the perfect egg. But I'm pretty sure if it is hard it is perfect.

While the eggs are boiling I cooked up the sausage. I took it out of it's intestinal coating and mushed/chopped it up in a frying pan over medium heat. I asked my roommate if I should butter the pan first. She looked disgusted.

* I call soft-boiled eggs daddy eggs. This is because my dad liked them and named them to emphasize his enjoyment. I only recently learned their true identity. I also call OringEna OringIna and pesto paste-o. It's ok. I'm going to screw with my kids too.

Put the eggs in a bowl with cold water. When they are cold you give them a quick roll on a hard surface, peel and cut in half. Don't worry if the whites crack or anything, the yolk goo will hold it togetherish.

Put the following in a bowl:

Yolks
4 Tablespoons Mayo
1 Tablespoon Blue Cheese
1 teaspoon Spicy Mustard
1 teaspoon Frenches Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Capers chopped

Mix together, adjust to taste and put in a ziplock bag.

Assembly:
egg white on deviled egg plate
cut the corner of the zip lock yolk baggie and pipe the mixture in the hole.
add a caper to the top
add some sausage to the top
sprinkle paprika


DELICIOUS

--- you may want to explain that they are blue cheese eggs, or maybe dye them blue, because otherwise they just taste confusing. God I wish I had dyed them blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment