Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fancy Failure

For dinner I made lemon garlic scallops with a side of spinach muffins and borscht. However, it wasn’t really borscht as much as it was every past-their-prime vegetable in my kitchen boiled until there were no distinct flavors... and I guess I shouldn’t call them spinach “muffins” but more appropriately, little spinach balls or paddies or chunks.

Soup Recipe:

1 box of chicken soup
4 cups of water
4 beets
1 dried out onion
1 flaccid zucchini
4 bay leaves in a tea strainer
4 eyed potatoes
One bag of old slimy baby carrots
3 rubbery turnips
4 cloves of garlic

(totally looks like borscht)

You probably need a bullet express*. Combine. Boil for 3 hours. Puree. Hope that your roommates like it because it makes a lot.

Spinach balls:


16 oz frozen spinach (cooked/drained) + 2 egg whites + some parm + greek seasoning

Combine, bake for 12 minutes at 350 in a cupcake tray sprayed with pam.

I think these would have been good if:

1. Different ingredients were used

* Grandma, Martha and fat hungry guy really need to lighten up.
** Note I did not even address the lemon garlic scallops issue.

I'm sorry to say, but this meal was kinda an epic fail. I mean failure. I want FAIL to go the way of pwn3d.

No comments:

Post a Comment