Monday, February 8, 2010

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

The pie didn't work so well. But these cookies did.

I wanted to use the bacon grease instead of butter, but for some reason the 1 pound of bacon only produced 1/3 cup of grease. I wonder if the nine month stay in the freezer made a difference.

I combined:

1 + 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a separate bowl I blended:

1/3 cup bacon grease
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

After blending I added an egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. You then combine the two until one.


Stir in:

1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup bacon chunks. I didn't use the fat part, only the meat part, although both are delicious.


Then you make them into cookies by mushing into one inch balls and baking at 350 for about ten minutes.

And they are... everything I've ever dreamed of.

I kinda wish I hadn't made them now since I'm going to some Russian bath house in a week... I'm hoping it is as sketchy as it sounds. But seriously - so many cookies and a shit ton of left over bacon. Dinner: Bacon with arugula. Dessert: Bacon with chocolate.


BAM!

"They're like sex, only I'm having them".

1 comment: