Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pancakes

It's been a while since I last posted. I've been recovering from the Russian bath house party. How was it? Gross. But not gross in a good bath house blow job in the corner way, but in a candy bracelets and half shaved men kind of a way. Also, not recovering because I'm hung over, but because I hate being so clean.

I'm making pancakes... I don't know why. Pancakes are kinda a
shitty breakfast food and after two bites it likes, I get it already.
That's why I'm putting in bananas and chocolate chips. Originally I
was just going to make more "banana bread" but I decided to go all
out. Because I'm home sick. Also my room smells like a bottle of
turpentine is leaking somewhere and I'm scared to go back in.

I'm using 1 1/2 cups ground whole wheat flower. It says brown and wheat on the package so I bought it to make up for all the extreme sour gummy candies I consume. Health is all about equalizing.

I used a basic pancake recipe:

The flour
3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups of milk (skim, obv)
1 egg
3 tablespoons of butter

Mix it together, butter pan and cook. For some reason they are the consistency of cookie dough.


I don't get why they look like this, also, I forgot the chocolate chips which sux.

They are ok. They kinda taste like I'm chewing on flax seeds? Probably because things that stress brown and wheat don't taste good. Also, they are salty, granted I forget the sugar in the first batch, but even the second... why so salty? I'm smothering them w/ butter, apple butter &blackberry sauce. Pancakes are so dumb. Next time I will use more pancake technology.*

* I don't think that instant, spray on pancakes should be able to be labeled organic.

2 comments:

  1. Want a better WW pancakes recipe that actually looks and tastes more like good cakey muffins when done? These cook a bit slowly but they're great and extremely adaptable to whatever fruit, nut, flavorings you want to use. AND they're good for you. So...
    2 cups WW flower (or 1 c WW flour, 1 c. oats/bran/wheat germ) :-)
    1 tbsp. baking pwdr.
    1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    (optional)1/4 cup cocoa pwdr.(I'm a chocoholic)
    2 tbsp. sugar
    2 cups buttermilk
    2 lg. eggs
    (optional)1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
    Handful of raisins
    2 sliced bananas, and/or 1 cup raspberries, blueberries, 1/2 cup grated apple...
    1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds or fave nuts
    Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add the other dry ingredients. In separate bowl, beat eggs, mix in buttermilk, and extract if using. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix together gently, just enough to combine. Heat up an electric griddle if possible to 300 degrees. If not, heat a very wide non-stick pan, add oil and cook over low heat for about 3-4 min., and flip over. Cook about 2-3 min. on second side (longer if needed) until done. I've been making these over 10 yrs. now; never have timed the cooking part. Hope you enjoy! love deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to say choc. chips! They're great with all sorts of fruit, even blueberries!

    ReplyDelete